I've always wanted to find something meaningful/special to start out this new blog of mine. i have previously blogged here for about 4 years and so I felt the need to move on from all that drama of mine.
And what better way of starting of with the one, the only
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
IL VOLO! /le screams :|
from left: Gianluca Ginoble (16), Piero Barone (18), Ignazio Boschetto (17)
This group of made out of three (very HOT) italian teenagers with a passion for singing.
The three pop-opera singers started their careers back in 2009, where they sang on an Italian music competition show: Ti lascio una canzone, held in Sanremo. Gianluca Ginoble won the competition, singing Andrea Bocelli's "Il mare calmo della sera".
During the competition, the 3 singers were chosen to perform as a trio "'O Sole Mio". After the competition, they continued to perform together under the names The Tryo, Il Trio, and finally Il Volo.
Their music genre (according to them) is OPERATIC-POP, a fusion of both pop and opera. And no, PLEASE DON'T COMPARE THEM TO THE JONAS BROTHERS. Goodness gracious me!
ANYHOO, moving on :D
My friends got to meet them at the private showcase @ Fullerton Hotel on the 25th july 2011 where hundreds got to hear their sweet melodious voices. /le jealous :( i wasn't there!
oh did i mention? they got GOLD in Singapore!
Although I missed the showcase, i still got to meet them at the autograph signing session! It happened on 31st JULY 2011.
There was quite a crowd i must say, with people from all ages! The only thing i was upset about (im hoping they have their reasons) is that they came an hour late! the session was from 2pm - 3.30pm but the came around 3 plus! imagine us poor fan just standing for hours awaiting their arrival.
being asked about what they'd like to say to their fans here.
okay, I gotta say this here before moving on. I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH PIERO & HE'S MINE.
._____________________________.
Piero in all his perfection! /Le sigh.
In order to have our CD signed, we had to buy it exclusively from THAT CD SHOP.
Normally i don't buy CDs (seriously, who needs CDs when you have YOUTUBE? personal opinion here) But this was a must buy!
It was sad that the session lasted for only 15mins, and the bodyguards & people from UMS was kindaa rude. like as if we were going to harm them or something :|
First I met Ignazio. he was really smiley & cuddly-looking (LOL). I gave him a letter i wrote (i wrote one letter for each of them) and shook his hand! Moving on to Gianluca was MADNESS. The look he gives when you stare at him just gives you minor heart attacks! Sadly (okay not really ..) the bodyguard grabbed me by the arm (WHICH WAS REALLY RUDE MIND YOU) towards PIERO! He was really sweeet :3 UNFORTUNATELY i didn't hug him. WHYYYYYYYYYY! Le cries.
MOVING ON. ----------------------------
After all that Clarissa, Belinda, and I headed to Mediacorp (amazing story ahead!) by train & cab. Initially i didn't have a tickets despite begging people for DAYS. Fortunately, The was a spare ticket with Vanessa so I managed to see IL VOLO again after all! Just imagine, having to see them TWICE in a day. *jumps around*
At mediacorp i got to meet 2 new friends too, Loretta & Kimberley! we waited for the theatre to open up before rushing for the best seats in the house. Our views from the seats were AMAZING despite being at the top section of the theatre!
Julia Abueva was stunning! I finally got to see her perform live for the first time as well :)
OKAY, RIGHT IN THIS VERY PICTURE, BOTH CHRIS MEDINA & PIERO WERE LOOKING AT MY CAMERA. *dies*
sorry for the blur pictures, if only i could afford a DSLR! :|
For the record, in all my 17years in singapore, this was the first time i saw his execllency, President S R Nathan in person!
the performances were fantastic! It was a great joy being there LIVE. Especially during IL Volo & Chris Medina's performance. Never had i imagined that i could actually hear them sing, IN PERSON and not though some random Youtube video :)
WARNING: FANGIRL MODE ACTIVATED. SKIP THIS IF YOU WANT TO SURVIVE FANGIRLING.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Piero waved at us several times! he also did that head nodding thing which was super cute i must say. *minor heart attack* whenever you see him looking up on tv, he was LOOKING AT US. im not even kidding! towards the end as well he gave us several flying kisses :3 he also did that glasses thing my friend asked him to do haha. Gianluca & Ignazio didn't wave at us much as often though. but they did acknowledge our presence by smiling DIRECTLY at us! Chris Medina waved at us several times too! GAHHH, SUPER MISS THEM NAO. if only i had taken pictures with them. i didn't get the opportunity to! ): PIERO IS SO CUTE. at the autograph session, i couldn't take my eyes away from gianluca & piero. I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE I WAS SEEING THEM IN PERSON. super glad i managed to shake their hands. I, KIMBERLY, HELD PIERO'S HANDS! *melts*.
BEST WEEKEND EVAR.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
okay, fangirling mode: OFF.
It was a tiring but nevertheless awesome day. I suffered from PPD today though (post piero depression). HELP!I bet all of them were feeling the same as well!
IL VOLO & CHRIS MEDINA, PLEASE DO COME BACK TO SINGAPORE SOON YES? PERHAPS I COULD INTERVIEW YOU GUYS THE NEXT TIME? :D
Right now, they should be in Taiwan. If am not wrong they are heading to America afterwards.
hopefully you guys get to see them as well! tweet me pictures of them & i will post it on my next blog post :)
Ciao! xx
credits:
photos: Kimberly Sim, Joey LewInformation: Kimberly Sim, Wikipedia
Labels: chris medina, gianluca ginoble, Ignazio boschetto, il volo, piero barone, showcase, singapore, youtube